In the interest of good environmental management UTV Media plc (the Group) actively seeks to limit any potential negative impact that its business activities may have on the environment, and accepts its corporate responsibilities in contributing towards environmental improvement.
The Group recognise that travel is a necessary part of its business, in particular programme-making, and that service providers and commuting employees may have an impact on the environment, through vehicle emissions, fuel consumption and congestion. The Group is also aware that inefficient business travel results in significant and unnecessary costs to the business therefore it is committed to minimising these impacts where possible and aims to utilise transport in a more sustainable manner.
Accordingly, through the Transport Policy and related objectives, the Group will:
- Review the level of business travel and encourage employees to reduce business journeys wherever possible.
- Promote alternative working arrangements which reduce the need for travel i.e. using teleconferencing and video conferencing facilities where possible.
- Provide cycle facilities at main offices.
- Regularly maintain and service all company vehicles to ensure their efficiency and minimise GHG emissions.
- Take account of environmental considerations such as developments in fuel and vehicle technology, when acquiring new company vehicles.
- Promote awareness of the Transport Policy amongst employees, sustaining current effective procedures and encouraging good practice in additional areas.
The Group will review the Transport Policy on a regular basis to incorporate all new regulations, initiatives and technologies.
UTV Media plc
Tel: +44 (0) 28 9032 8122
Fax: +44 (0) 28 9024 6695
Tel:+44 (0) 28 9026 2129
Tel:+44 (0) 28 9026 2220
Tel:+44 (0) 28 9026 2177
Fax:+44 (0) 28 9024 3869