UTV Media plc is an equal opportunities employer. UTV is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all employees, freelance staff, contractors and job applicants. In order to promote an environment within which UTV can call upon the widest range of knowledge, skills and experience, as well as ensuring compliance with legislation, we are committed to treating all employees and job applicants in the same manner irrespective of:
- Marital status
- Family status
- Religious belief
- Sexual orientation
- Membership of the Traveller Community
UTV is committed to the promotion of Equality of Opportunity by:
- Preventing any form of direct or indirect discrimination or victimisation
- Promoting equal opportunities for women and men
- Promoting equal opportunities for people of all religions and none
- Promoting equal opportunities for people with disabilities
- Promoting equal opportunities for people regardless of age
- Promoting equal opportunities for people regardless of race, colour, nationality or ethnic origin
- Promoting equal opportunities for people regardless of their membership or non-membership of the Traveller Community
- Promoting equal opportunities for people of different sexual orientation
- Promoting a good and harmonious working environment where all staff are treated with respect and dignity and in which no form of intimidation, discrimination, bullying or harassment will be tolerated
- Fulfilling all legal obligations under the Employability Legislation and associated codes of practice
To ensure the effective implementation of this policy UTV:
- Has allocated responsibility to a Senior Manager: Mairéad Regan, Group Human Resources Director.
- Makes our Equal Opportunities policy known to all staff and displays the statement on notice boards.
- Accepts the need for openness in all matters of equality and will consult with staff on matters relating to the effective implementation of this policy.
- Expects employees to share responsibility for the preservation of the Company’s reputation for harmonious and effective working relationships.
- Ensures that appropriate and regular training is given to all employees with regard to equality of opportunity.
- Ensures that breaches of this policy are dealt with under the Company’s Disciplinary Procedure.
- Ensures managers and supervisors are aware of their responsibilities and are appropriately equipped through training and development initiatives.
- Ensures that any staff member who believes that they have suffered any form of intimidation, discrimination, bullying, harassment or victimisation is aware that they can raise the matter through the Company's Dignity at Work Policy and, that such complaints will be dealt with seriously, promptly and confidentially.
- Will make every effort to ensure that staff making complaints will not be victimised and will regard victimisation as misconduct which may lead to disciplinary action.
UTV Media plc commits itself to review and update this policy in line with best practice and current legislation.
UTV Media plc
Tel: +44 (0) 28 9032 8122
Fax: +44 (0) 28 9024 6695
Tel:+44 (0) 28 9026 2129
Tel:+44 (0) 28 9026 2220