In the interest of good environmental management UTV Media plc (the Group) actively seeks to limit any potential negative impact that its business activities may have on the environment, and accepts its corporate responsibilities in contributing towards environmental improvement.
The Group recognises that climate change is a critical threat to the sustainability of the planet and is committed to reducing its energy usage wherever possible throughout its operations.
Through the Energy Policy and the Environmental Management System the Group will:
- Comply with all existing and emerging legislation regarding reduction targets and related energy reporting requirements.
- Set challenging targets to reduce energy efficiency and actively seek to identify opportunities to further reduce energy consumption.
- Ensure that energy efficiency is a key consideration in all future investment decisions such as purchasing new technology, equipment and premises.
- Continue with the existing implementation of energy saving actions
- Promote awareness of the Energy Policy amongst employees, sustaining current good housekeeping and encourage best practice in additional areas
- Continue to develop monitoring systems to record energy consumption patterns and assist in tracking progress on reduction targets.
- Measure and report on activities and progress on targets through the annual CSR reporting framework.
The Group will review the Energy Policy on a regular basis to incorporate all new regulations, initiatives and technologies.
UTV Media plc
Tel: +44 (0) 28 9032 8122
Fax: +44 (0) 28 9024 6695
Tel:+44 (0) 28 9026 2129
Tel:+44 (0) 28 9026 2220
Tel:+44 (0) 28 9026 2177
Fax:+44 (0) 28 9024 3869