Waste Minimisation Policy
In the interest of good environmental management UTV Media plc (the Group) actively seeks to limit any potential negative impact that its business activities may have on the environment, and accepts its corporate responsibilities in contributing towards environmental improvement.
The Group attained the British Standard ISO 14001 accreditation in 1997 for its Environmental Management System demonstrating its commitment to environmental responsibility, including waste recycling issues, for many years.
Accordingly, through the Waste Minimisation Policy and related objectives, the Group will:
- Comply with legislation covering disposal of hazardous waste such as batteries, printer cartridges and WEEE etc.
- Promote economical use of office paper and printer cartridges by encouraging staff to use email facilities, to re-use paper where possible, to avoid unnecessary printing and to use double-sided printing formats.
- Adopt paper-free billing options wherever possible.
- Minimise waste by encouraging inter-departmental exchange and re-use of equipment and materials where viable.
- Where possible purchase recycled or sustainable products and those which, in turn, can be recycled.
- Provide segregated recycling bins throughout its premises for cans, paper, plastic, glass and cardboard.
- Where practical make arrangements to donate obsolete equipment such as computers, mobile phones etc. to benefit charity.
- Promote awareness of the Waste Minimisation Policy amongst employees, sustaining current effective procedures and encouraging good practice in additional areas.
- Measure and report on activities and progress on targets through the annual CSR reporting framework.
The Group will review the Waste Minimisation Policy on a regular basis to incorporate all new regulations, initiatives and technologies.
UTV Media plc
Tel: +44 (0) 28 9032 8122
Fax: +44 (0) 28 9024 6695
Tel:+44 (0) 28 9026 2129
Tel:+44 (0) 28 9026 2220
Tel:+44 (0) 28 9026 2177
Fax:+44 (0) 28 9024 3869